Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser is a medical-grade skin cleanser used to kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi on the skin. It contains the active ingredient chlorhexidine gluconate, which has been proven effective in killing a wide range of harmful microorganisms. Hibiclens are commonly used in healthcare settings, such as hospitals and clinics, as well as in households as an antiseptic for wound care and general skin hygiene. It can be used as a surgical hand scrub, a patient preoperative skin preparation, or general skin cleanser.
Hibiclens Antiseptic Skin Cleanser Benefits
- Sustains its protection for up to 6 hours
- Effectiveness increases with use, due to a cumulative effect
- Low skin irritation potential
- 4% CHG begins to kill pathogens on contact
- Continues killing >99% of pathogens for up to 24 hours